Friday, October 17, 2008

Travel to Go !

Stock markets crashing, kids dying in bore wells, People getting fired and hired, local hoodlums making threats to reverse policy decisions, People losing jobs and the looming fear of a depression, and all I can think of is the way my life is shaping up. I don't think sulking is really the answer to any of these problems. So from today, I stop sulking. So no more sappy posts of utter gloom, when the world is sinking into disaster.

Its raining for a first time this year, and I am actually coming out of my gloom. I am thinking of getting back into the social circles that I have ignored over the past few months. I need to drink and start partying again. Although my city does not allow me to do too much of either. But hey, a little is a start.

Am planning to disappear for a while, try and take a trip to the unknown. Some weird place for about 3-4 weeks. I think the office can wait that long. I hate the hills so I think I want to do Andamans to start with. I will anyways travelling on work after I come back and going to Africa.

The thoughts of the recession scares me, and it makes me wonder if the good times are going to dissapear. Should I do all that I need to do, very soon, before the economy caves in ? I think i will start with a trip.

I hate to plan my trip. I hate ppl who plan their trips. I love to land up at the place and then slowly figure it out. I love to walk my entire trip and usually avoid any public transport or guides. I reckon that you see the world best when you are on your feet, not when you are hearded around.

I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move.

Robert Louis Stevenson

2 comments:

Y said...

Read the whole blog. Is your situation for real? Is what you say is true? Man!!

Operative Knick-Knacks said...

Yeah i guess ! but then you know what ? who cares.. Life goes on mate..Ppl are different, one from another.

But trust me, it took a couple of months of sulking, thinking and strawberry tea to get to where I am right now.